Sunday, June 29, 2008

Glorious Korean Food

My relatives from Switzerland are in town this week and this means....it's time to EAT. The whole family, especially my mother's side, just live and breathe to eat. We live by a philosophy that is contrary to that of Molière 's famous 17th Century saying "Il faut manger pour vivre, et non pas vivre pour manger" (One must eat to live, and not live to eat). In the past, I wondered many times what could have led him to ever say those words? Most foodies would ignore and laugh at this quote. Was he a struggling and starving writer/actor who never had the privilege of eating good food?

I decided to put the pondering aside and to just let it be. Mr. Molière had other passions and probably didn't know what he was missing.

I leave you with a couple of photos of my outing with my Swiss relatives last Friday night. I apologize if the pictures are a bit harsh but the lighting was not ideal for taking mouth-watering shots of the food we had that night at a Korean restaurant near our place.

Enjoy.


Korean seafood pancake (Haemul Pajun)...crisp and hearty

My uncle stealing the first piece before anyone else...

Korean marinated and grilled beef (Bulgogi)

My aunt stealing the first hot piece of Bulgogi!

This Bulgogi was good but not amazing like the two times I had it in L.A., California, some 7-8 years ago.

No comments: